Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Go Set a Watchman: A To Kill a Mockingbird Sequel

If you are like most people all over social media today, you may have seen that both Harper Lee and To Kill a Mockingbird were trending. And for good reason, too! All over Facebook and twitter, I saw people going crazy over this news.

If you haven't yet heard about it, it was announced that Harper Lee will be publishing a new novel. The 304 page book, Go Set a Watchman, will be Lee's first book in over 50 years. It is also essentially a sequel to her 1960 novel To Kill a Mockingbird, despite being written beforeIt still takes place in Maycomb, Alabama, but twenty years later. We get to see Scout all grown up!

I remember having to read that book in high school, all the way back in tenth grade. Many of my peers dreaded reading it and doing the assignments, but I quite enjoyed it. So as someone who absolutely loves To Kill a Mockingbird and considers it one of my all time favorite books, I'm super excited about this!

As a film fan, I thought the 1962 movie was a great adaptation and I couldn't picture anyone else as Atticus Finch (or even Boo or Scout, for that matter). I wonder if it'll be made into a movie eventually, as well?

Is anyone else excited to read this? Or even possibly see it made into a film?

No comments:

Post a Comment