Friday, November 27, 2009

Ramble On

Because of my break for Thanksgiving, I’ve had more time to watch some of my favorite classic movies… and classics in general!

Yesterday, while cooking the yams and baking more pies, I listened to Bing Crosby and Gene Autry [I know, it might be early… but what do you expect?] Afterwards, well, during Thanksgiving dinner, we watched A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving. Oh, one of my favorites… I’m a big Charlie Brown fan C:. It isn’t comparable to A Charlie Brown Christmas, but that’s on next month ;)

Now, today… we got our Christmas tree :] But beforehand, I woke up and watched Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House. I fell in love with Cary Grant all over again. After getting the tree, I watched Yours, Mine, and Ours starring the adorable Henry Fonda and beautiful Lucille Ball. I almost forgot how much I adored that film. And, after some well needed Black Friday shopping, I relaxed while watching Some Like It Hot. The day was simply perfection and just what I needed to get back to reality. I can’t wait until Christmas! Speaking of it, I walked into a Hallmark store today and melted while looking at this lovely Gone With the Wind ornament!

I’m also very excited for December in general! Besides finishing up my classes for my first semester, Humphrey Bogart is the star of the month! He shares a birthday with me [December 25th], and I fell in love with him after seeing Casablanca and The African Queen. 64 Bogart films will be shown next month, including the ones mentioned plus some rare ones! I’m stoked!

For my most recent poll, “Which Hitchcock Film is Your Favorite?” Rear Window won with 71% of the votes. Notorious and Dial M For Murder each received 14%, but nobody voted for Psycho, Vertigo, Spellbound, or To Catch A Thief. Make sure that you vote in my next poll!

I hope that everyone is enjoying a lovely Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment